This is the first article on this blog, and I welcome all my readers here. In my first article I’ll be telling you what actually a blog is. I am going to tell you what are the basic elements of a blog, and some features of a blog.
Blog in plain English
Before I start writing about a weblog, view this 3.5 min video explaining what actually a blog is in plain English. After watching this video you will have 90% idea of what is a blog and the rest 10% will be covered in my article.
Blog : Definition & Features
- Blog is a abbreviated version of “Web log”.
- It is maintained by an individual or a company which is updated on regular basis.
- Every blog is made on a particular subject which is technically termed as “niche”.
- Every new article written in a blog is called a post that appears on a blog as reverse-chronological order which means that new stuff shows up at the top and old one below it. This is because if a visitor comes to your website daily he/she can read what’s new.
- Readers can read the articles and can comment on blogs whether they are satisfied with the views or not and can also add extra information to the article through comments.
Basic Elements of a blog
There are few elements that comprises a complete blog, you will get to see these elements in almost every blog you see. I’ll give a brief introduction about them :
Posts : As told above, in Blogging field, the term “post” is referred to the articles that we write daily.
Archives : The dictionary meaning of archive is a “record”, so in Blogging terminology, an archive is defined as record of posts(articles).
Category : Each post you write in your blog comes under a different subject, this subject in Blogging terminology is termed as Category.
Ok readers, I tried to explain my own definition of Blog in as simple words as I could. This was just an introductory post that told you about what a blog is. I’ll be entertaining you with a lot of new articles (oh sorry posts ) in future. Keep Visiting.