I’ve seen various blogs that rewards top commentators with some sort of ad slot on their blog or give cash prize. It is good way to thank the commentators on your blog. But today I’ve another way of increasing traffic to your blog that is similar to top commentators one. Lets start:
The new method : Top Re-Tweeters
- Yesterday, I came across a friend blog DailyTut owned by Robin, there I saw his post titled Top Re-Tweeter of the month.
- In his blog, instead of top commentators, he uses another way to drive traffic. He tells his readers to re-tweet his articles and greets the top re-tweeter of the month with an award. Isn’t it a great method to increase traffic.
- I recommend everyone to try this method at least once, I am sure it will really feed your blog with lots of new visitors.
Few tips to follow before you start Top Re-Tweeters awards
Before you start top Re-Tweeters of the month on your blog, here are few things that Robin told me to follow.
- Tell you readers to re-tweet only those articles that are in the archive list.
- You must use a unique hash-tag (eg. #cbi-june) while re-tweeting the articles. Why? I’ll tell later in this post, keep on reading.
How to find the top Re-Tweeter
To find the top re-tweeter the unique hash-tag is used. Robin told me that
I use search.twitter.com to find the total re-tweets with the use of HASH Tag. That’s the reason I ask my participants to use a specific hash-tag to make the search easier. A unique tag.
Great mind! In this way you can find the top re-tweeter.
Note : Robin says that, the search.twitter.com indexes tweets with the hash-tag, but still it is strongly advisable to take weekly records of your total tweets to avoid any tweet loss. If your contest exceeds a week time, then it is advisable to go for this technique. Keep a track of your tweets and make it transparent with the contestants
I am sure that you will benefit a lot by starting top re-tweeter of the month. Thanks DailyTut for the idea and helping me with your tips. Thanks again !