I told you about some of my favorite WordPress plugins that I always use when I install new WordPress blog. There I told you one of the most important plugin called Google XML Sitemaps, it helps you to create a sitemap of your blog and you can submit it to Google. Google indexes you site URL from this sitemap, so for every Webmaster submitting sitemap to Google is must. In today’s article I am going to tell you how to submit your blog sitemap to Google. Lets start :
If you’re on WordPress
2. Now, let the default setting as it as and click on Create Sitemap. Once you click in it, save your setting and you can open your sitemap by visiting this link : www.your-domain-name/sitemap.xml
3. Once you’ve created your sitemap its time to submit it to Google.
4. Create an account on Google Webmaster and after signing in, click on Add a site… and type the URL of your blog/site. Have a look :
5. Now, its time to verify your account. Now, there are two methods to verify your website :
- Meta Tag
- Upload a HTML file
Use any of the above two methods and then click on Verify at the bottom.
Note : If you’re on Blogger, you can verify your account by selecting Meta Tag method. Simply copy the code and paste it in your template before closing head tag (</head>).
6. Now, in the left hand side under Site Configuration click on Sitemaps. Now, click on Submit a Sitemap.
7. As you will click on Submit a Sitemap, a text box will open, enter your sitemap URL and click on Submit Sitemap and you’re done.
If you’re on Blogger
If you are on Blogger, then no need to create a separate sitemap, Blogger provides you a default option to do that. The link is :
Rest follow the steps above from point 4 to 7.
If you’re facing any problem in submitting your website to Google, feel free to mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org