As far as I know, the two primary needs of every blogger is money and good traffic. So, in my today’s article I am going to share some tips on optimizing your popular articles for good traffic and money. I am going to tell you how you can make changes in your popular posts and in return can get more benefit from it. Let’s start:
What is a popular post?
Before starting my today’s article I feel a need to tell you what according to me is a popular post. A popular post is that article in your blog that:
- Gets more traffic from search engines as compared to other articles.
- Hits the front page on Google while searching for a particular popular keyword.
- Usually gets high number of user comments.
Any article that falls under any of the above mentioned category is termed as popular article according to me. Now coming to the next point.
How to determine popular posts in your blog?
Finding popular posts in your blog is very easy. Below are few methods:
- If you’ve installed Google Analytics in your blog, then log into your Analytics account, then click on your site link and analyze the details. Analyze by searching which keywords, your site comes at the front page of Google. Then search those keywords on Google and in this way create a list of posts.
- Install a plugin called Wordpess Stats, it displays the information in WordPress dashboard about the keywords that shows your site at the top. It also shows the most visited posts in your blog. Have a look:
- You can also make a list of posts that has the maximum number of comments.
In this way, by using these three methods you can determine popular posts in your blog. Ok, now as you’ve created a list of popular posts in your blog, now it’s time to optimize them for more traffic and money.
How to optimize popular posts for traffic
To optimize your post for traffic, I’ve two major tips that I’ve tried myself and they really worked for me.
Create Banners: First choose some articles in your blog that you think are quality posts but are not getting required user comments and traffic. Now, create some good looking banners for those posts and put them at the end of your Popular Post. But remember, do not overflow your popular post with banners, 1 or 2 will do fine, not more than that.
Now, if 100 users are visiting a single popular post, 50% of them will surely going to click on the banner. Thus resulting in increase in traffic.
Note: The post you’ve selected should be related to the topic of the popular post only.
Interlinking: I’ve told you about interlinking and its benefits in my previous post also but in this post, we will do interlinking but with a different style. In your popular post you can use the following format and put it in the between the popular post.
Also read: The article link Goes Here
Must read: The article link Goes Here
Using this style of interlinking can also help you to get traffic on other posts also.
How to optimize popular posts for money
Now coming to the second part of the post i.e. optimizing popular post for money. Again I’ve three tips:
Review Link : First write a detailed review about any product that you think relates to the niche of your blog. Now, give the link of that review post in the popular post.
I’ve tried this method, and also sold 1 Thesis Themes using this method. Though it s not a good number, but selling one affiliate product in 1 month with a 3 month old blog is fine !! What do you say?
Insert Google Ads inside Popular Posts: Though I do not recommend Google Ads inside the post content as it irritates the users but if you want to make some money, install a plugin called Quick Adsense and using this plugin you can insert Google Adsense ads inside the post.
The number of clicks in popular posts will be more because:
- The visitors in the popular post usually come from search engines
- The ads are in between the content.
So, in this way you can earn more with popular articles.
Direct Affiliate Link: If you want, you can also place direct affiliate link into the popular post. I usually write the following text while giving affiliate link “You have nothing to lose and I’ve all to gain”.
So, these were some tips on making money and traffic series, I hope you enjoyed this article. Do share your feedbacks through comment box.