Few months back I wrote a post on “10 Plugins to Install After Installing New WordPress Blog“, there I mentioned about WP Super Cache plugin as one of the recommended plugins, many newbies to WordPress face difficulty to install and configure this plugin. So, in this article I am going to tell you, how to install and configure WP Super Cache plugin for best output. Lets start:
How to install WP Super Cache plugin
- You can download this plugin from here and upload it in Plugins folder using FTP program. Read the detailed tutorial here on How to Install and Activate WordPress Plugin to your Blog
- You can also install this plugin directly from your WordPress dashboard. In the WordPress dashboard, under plugins click on Add New and in the search box type WP Super Cache and you can install this plugin easily by clicking on Install link beside the plugin title.
Change WordPress Settings
After installing the plugin, its time to make some changes to permalink structure. You can read detailed tutorial on making search engine optimized permalink structure here.
Configuring WP Super Cache Plugin
1. Now, its time to configure WP Super Cache Plugin. In the WordPress dashboard, under Settings, click on WP Super Cache and select ON WP Cache and Super Cache enabled radio button.
2. After you click on ON, at the bottom click on Update Status.
3. Scroll down till you find Mod Rewrite Rules and at bottom click on Update Mod_Rewrite Rules button.
And you’re done ! After you’re done with all the settings told above, you’ve successfully installed and configured WP Super Cache plugin for best settings. If you’re facing any problem in using this plugin, drop me an email at gagan.exe[at]gmail.com