In my last article I told you about how to install a WordPress theme to your blog and today I’ve a similar post to share, I am going to explain you a simple tutorial that will help you to install and activate plugins to your WordPress blog. There are two ways to install a plugin and I’ll explain you both in detail. Lets start :
Installing Plugin from FTP Client
1. First download your desired plugin from here and save it in your hard disk.
3. After downloading and installing it, open it and at the top enter the following details :
- Port Number
And click on QuickConnect, have a look
4. Now, you will see two panels at the bottom, the left hand side is your hard disk and right hand side is your server. In the RHS(right hand side) panel, open the root directory and click on wp-content and then go to plugins folder.
5. Now, in the left hand side panel navigate the plugin folder and right click on it and select Upload, have a look
6. It will take some time to upload your files to your server and woo you’ve successfully uploaded a plugin to your server. How to activate it ? Keep reading this tutorial till end.
Installing Plugin from WordPress Dashboard
1. As told before, there are two ways to install a plugin, if you want to install a plugin from your WordPress dashboard, login to your WordPress dashboard and in the left hand side under Plugins click on Add New, have a look
2. Search for your required plugin and in the right hand side click on Install, have a look
That’s it, you’ve successfully uploaded a new plugin to your server. Now, I am going to tell you how to activate your newly uploaded plugin.
How to activate uploaded plugin
Again, in the left hand side under Plugins click on Installed. To activate the plugin, simply click on the link below the plugin name, have a look
In this way you can upload and install any plugin you want. That’s all for today, keep visiting and commenting