This is the last post in Essential Blog Element Series and in my today’s article I am going to tell you the last essential element of a blog called Definition Page. Though I am not using it on my also but I am on the verge to complete it and will add it soon. So, lets start this last post in Essential Blog Element Series:
What is definition page
A page in your blog that contains one line definition of all the terminologies that comes in your blog niche is called a definition page.
Why every blog must have a definition page
All the elements mentioned in this series are very important and every blog must have these, a definition page is highly important because:
- It shows you as an expert : Giving the definitions of all the terminologies in your niche shows you an as expert in your niche.
- Get traffic from Google : If you’re written a good definition page, people are going to link it and after you get good number of backlinks, if someone searches any particular word that your definition page has, it is likely to be shown on top of search engines.
How to create a definition page
Creating a definition page is really very hard, as it requires a lot of knowledge and time. But to make your task easy I’ve few steps for you that you can follow to create a perfect definition page.
Note : Before starting, keep in mind one thing that a definition page cannot be created overnight, it can take 2-3 months to create a full definition page.
1. Research for words : The most important and difficult step is to research for words. Below are some ways to research for words to include in definition page:
- Take a journal and keep on noting each word that you come across.
- Read as many blogs in your niche as you can and keep on making a list of each word
Note : Remember to make a list of words in alphabetical order
- When you come across any word, search for as many synonyms as possible and include those synonyms in your list.
- Read magazines/ articles based on your niche blog and when you come across any new word, note it down.
2. Write definitions : Work hard in finding words in your niche and after you are satisfied with your list, its time to write definitions.
- If you’ve good knowledge in your field, try to write the definition of those words that you know.
- If you lack knowledge in your field, do not worry you can take help of Wikipedia and can rewrite those definitions in your own words.
3. Finally : After you finish the definition page make it live on your blog but do not think that the job is finished. Keep your research for new words continue and as you come across any new word include it in your list.
Example of Definition page
In this way you will be able to create a definition page for your blog. I know majority of blogs does not have a definition page (including me), if you do not have this page, start your work now and once the definition page goes live on your blog, you will see the difference in traffic. Good luck