Its been around 15 days I’ve started Google MythBuster Series on my blog and in my today’s article I am going to tell you something about BlogRoll and its effects on Google search engine rankings. I’ll tell you does a long list in BlogRoll has bad effect on your blog or not. Lets start:
You can have as much long list as you want until and unless you follow these five golden rules
The BlogRoll list of yours:
- Must not include link to Porn sites
- Must not include link to Warez site
- Must not include link to spam site
- Must not include link to site that is no way related to your niche
- Most follow the above mentioned rules
If your BlogRoll list is not following these five rules, there will be negative effect on your blog rankings.
What if you are breaking any of the above mentioned rules?
If your BlogRoll list is breaking even one of the five golden rules (except the 4th one), your blog:
- Can be marked as Spam
- You blog will not be able to display Google Adsense ads any more
- Your blog’s page rank will surely decrease
My personal experience
As I started blogging, I kept a Warez site link in my BlogRoll and I got a warning from Adsense team telling me to remove the link or they will ban my account. If you’ve a BlogRoll section in your blog, do make a cross check that the site you are linking is also following the five golden rules. Safe Blogging !!