In the Essential Blog Element Series, I told you about “About Me” page and “Archives” page and today I am going to tell you how to impress your first time visitors and keep them busy on your blog for a longer time and decrease bounce rate. I’ll tell you a method with which you can easily show your best content to your readers. Lets start:
What is “Articles” page?
A page consisting of all the popular and pillar articles of your blog is articles page.
Create an “Articles” page now
- Now, the task for you is, start making a list of all the popular articles on your blog.
- Create a new page and title it as “Articles” and include the list of all those popular articles in it. Only give the title and link to the post. You can format your list using <ul> tag.
Benefits of having Articles page
- Once you will create articles page, after a period of time that page will be filled up with lots of best and high quality articles and after your blog is 1-2 years old, that page will have super important articles of your blog gathered at one place.
- Highlight this page and as your first time visitor will open this “Articles” page, he/she will be busy for hours reading your high quality articles.
- As all the articles are your best content, the first time visitor will surely subscribe to your blog and will be a regular visitor of your blog.
If your blog dies not have “Articles” page yet, create one and you will see the difference in your traffic and page views. Does your blog has “Articles” page?