RSS(Really Simple Syndication), is a very important part of any website that helps your visitors to stay updated with your website. In my today’s article I am going to tell you how to increase your RSS feed readers, I wont be telling about any tips or tricks that are already told in hundreds of blogs already but will share my own experience with you. Lets start:
Step1. First create a beautiful subscription box and place it at the top of the sidebar, so that every visitor of yours can see that subscription box.
Step 2. Now create the following 3 pages in your blog:
This page is for those readers who are newbie to Internet and have very limited knowledge about RSS and feeds.
- Now, in this page, write a detailed article about what actually RSS is.
- Use very simple language in your content so that it becomes easy for the newbies to understand
- Tell in the detail the exact meaning of the orange RSS button.
- Tell your readers how to use RSS.
- If possible search any video on YouTube explaining about RSS and put it in this page
- For demo, you can see my What is RSS page.
In this way, those visitors will subscribe to your blog who are totally new to Internet and has no knowledge about RSS.
The next page will tell your readers how to subscribe to your blog.
- In this page, tell you readers that how can they subscribe to your blog
- Tell the various options through which your readers can subscribe to your blog
- Explain the subscription options with the help of screenshots
- For demo, you can see my How to subscribe page.
How to subscribe page is a must have page for your blog as most of the newbies do not know how to subscribe to a blog and what are the benefits of subscribing to a blog.
A very important page for your blog, if you are not going to tell the benefits of subscribing to your blog then why would any one subscribe to your blog.
- In this page, tell all the benefits your readers will get after subscribing to your blog
- In my Benefits of subscribing page, I’ve told that after subscribing, my readers can download my eBook and can also get free access to get all my WordPress themes for free.
This is the reason that any reader who visits my blog, do subscribe to my blog so as to download the WordPress themes and eBook.
These were the 3 pages that every blog must have in order to get maximum feed readers. So now, tell me does your blog has these 3 pages or not?